Menu
nickbirch
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor Customer Service and not joined yet

Well where do I start

Having been with Sky for 20 yrs and put up with very average broadband for so long and there ever increasing prices, I decided that it was time for a change.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Having spent almost 6 hrs on a Sunday via the online chat trying to order broadband via Virgin, I can only say that I lost the will to live.                                   Sky imo offer decent customer service but what I have witnessed from Virgin and I am not even connected as yet is nothing short of abysmal.                       Having placed the order to receive Vivid 100 with a £50 credit and no installation cost of £14.99 for joining, on 3 separate occasions the advisor was informed that we do not have any cables,boxes or have never been connected to Cable/Virgin in the 14 yrs that we have lived at the property.                      I was given the installation date of the 17.2 between 8am and 1pm. Being self employed, I would have to take the day off to allow for fitting etc.                    I called on the Monday and spoke to Virgin Nottingham and paid the line rental saver and so I thought that I had got a good deal.                                         However, Friday the 17.2 at 7.45am the engineer turned up to tell me that the job could not be carried out due to not having cable to the property and this would require a 2 man team to carry the required out before the remainder of the work inside can be done. I was then told that this cannot be done until the 10.3 and then the follow up on the 13.3!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                Not only have I taken 1 day off work but I will now have to take another 2 days off work. Obviously not being very happy with what is a start to a business relationship, I called the pre install team. Just like the service at the start of this process, it was nothing short of useless. The advisor in Nottingham offered to bring the job forwards by 2 days and offered me a months compensation. Being self employed and running a business from home, I rely on broadband to carry out my work and with sky about to disconnect me, 1 months line rental would no way compensate me for the amount of business that I would lose. Through no fault of my own and through various employees of Virgin obviously not paying attention to what the have been informed, I am going to be seriously out of pocket.                                                                                                                                                                                                             Sky are currently putting a traffic limit on my service so my broadband is intermittent as they are ready to disconnect.                                                             Numerous calls and trying to speak to someone in the UK with an ounce of customer service skills is a very difficult task especially when you keep being put through to people out of the UK. However having found the number of the Virgin head office and being put through to a decent and professional lady by the name of Liz in escalations, I am now getting something done.                                                                                                                                               Liz emailed 5 separate area managers asking for assistance with only 1 having the courtesy to reply to her.                                                                             The cable to the property has been installed but we still do not have the date for the internal work to be carried out but Liz is awaiting the reply of the original area manager to help bring the internal work forwards.

In short having stayed with Sky for so long it is always a difficult choice to make leaving a provider and going elsewhere. To be honest, I wish I would not have bothered trying to move as I feel this does not bode well for the future. Also feedback that I have been given from previous Cable/Virgin customers saying what poor service they have received  seems to be correct.                                                                                                                                             I would have expected as I have been inconvenienced so much both in time and financially that all effort would be made to fit me in far sooner as a gesture of goodwill but to start off with so many issues because of poor communication and lack of flexibility is really poor.                                                                

Would I recommend Virgin, certainly not!!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Customer Service and not joined yet

Hi nickbirch

Many thanks for taking the time to join us on the community and to get in touch with us on the forums about the issues you have had with us and the installation.

I am very sorry to hear that this has been such a poor experience for you Smiley Sad

It's good to hear that you have spoken to Liz and that she has been instrumental in supporting you with a resolution to this. I appreciate at the time of your post this was still being worked on and I hope that since you posted she has been able to get this sorted for you.

If you need any further support with this or anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos