Menu
glenn1962
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Phone Call

Just had a call from a lady with a strong foreign accent (08001836403) telling me it's my lucky day and out of the 1000's of customers i have been singled out for a very special upgrade. I could have all the movie channels for the special price of just £35.99 a month and could rent from on demand for just £5 per film. She would also throw in in the sports channels too. Should i take this amazing offer she would up my broadband from 50MB to 70MB for free. Politely told her no thanks.

Anyone else had this "very special offer" is it a con and what's the catch?

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Call

If you are on 50Mbs there is a free upgrade to 70Mbs if your area is ready for it.

Doesn't change your contract or sign you up to a new minimum term, the other parts of what she said would however.

If you just want the free speed boost, pop your post code into https://keepup.virginmedia.com/speedupgrade

It will tell you if that's available, if it is you can log into your MyVirginMedia at the top of the forums, a banner should be there letting you process the upgrade.

It may display an error 'ready in July 2015 - July 2015' if it does that seems to be an error but it's ready. Can either ring up or let the forum team reply and process it for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos