cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of contract Cancellation

leighivn
Tuning in

I have just got off the phone to virgin media. I am out of contract. Yet Virgin Media insist on sending me emails saying they will waive the early exit fee if I supply my new address.

My new address already has an ISP. I have no use for Virgin Media going forward. I am under no obligation to supply my new address. This is harassment and needs to stop. Of this does not stop I will report Virgin Media to regulatory body.

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You are in a permanent, ongoing contract with VM until you give VM 30 days notice to cancel your VM services. If you are outside your minimum term commitment, you should be able to give 30 days' notice and leave with no early disconnection fees.

If you are in a minimum term period, then VM will charge you early disconnection fees if you terminate your VM services. If you move within the UK to an area outside of VM's network coverage then VM will credit back your EDF upon proof of your new address.

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/early-disconnection-fees

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @leighivn 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your contract and a big thank you to goslow for their help and advise with this so far. 

Our community member is correct and you are in contract with us until you give notice to leave, this way your service is not disconnected suddenly. You would need to let us know via the phone line on 0345 454 1111 so that the team can get this booked in for you. 

I have already requested cancellation and a virgin media agent stated I am owed £16 credit. My services will be terminated on the 29th and I will return the virgin media kit. There is no legal justification for the emails requesting my new address. I never stated I would not pay any 30 day notice period but why an early exit fee when I am not in contract and therefore the exit is not early.

I'm very sorry again to hear that this has happened @leighivn I'm going to pop you a private message across so we can take a closer look and see what has happened with the bill. I'll do all I can via the messages to get this straightened out. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.