cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Bill.

Muroo
Joining in

I don`t even know if I`m in the right place here but I`m sure some kind soul will re-direct me to the right place if I`m not.... I`m curious to know why my bill has almost doubled, I have only a basic package?

4 REPLIES 4

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Muroo,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

With this there could be multiple reasons for this, the likely issue is that your contract has come to an end as they only last 18 months, can you confirm when you took out your latest deal with us?

Joe

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Each of your bills, and your contract, have details of your time-limited discounts and when they expire. Did you have any promotional discounts that equated to the amount of the increase?

They usually correlate with your minimum term which is 18months.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It would be around October 2022 for 18 months when it was last renewed, we also had to take on the O2 mobile phone as well which we had no option. Our bill has jumped from £32 to £73 a month and then up to £83 to date. I have tried on numerous occasions to contact VM without success. I know my contract had run out but I was not expecting it to be more than double? 

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Muroo,

From how you have explained it, it does seem to be that you have simply reached the end of your contract here, you can check your contract dates via your MY VM account. We cannot directly handle package changes here.

Joe