Menu
beneaton4
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Moving home - last minute massive delay on installation

Hi,

We have just moved house. We called Virgin as soon as we got our move date (which was last Friday, 11/11/16) but due to the relatively quick turnaround they couldn't get engineers out to install the service into our home until this coming Monday (21/11/16). While the street has cable (and there are cable connectors comming into the house) this is the first time it has been activated on this property so apparently they are sending two engineers out. We were just transferring our services, and having a speed bump to 200Mb. We've been customers for 8 years with very few problems.

Anyway, today (Friday 18/11/16) at around half two or so I received a voicemail from somebody at VM saying that the installation has been delayed due to a "national construction project". We would receive an update in 4 to 6 weeks! So I called up and spoke to a lady who didn't seem to understand why this was a problem. My point being that if there was some sort of "project" that would prevent the engineers from coming out, they should have let me know when booking as they would have known about it and that this "last minute on Friday" thing is a shoddy way to run a business (my wife will be off work on Monday for the installation, and I received confirmation texts this morning to sa everything was ready and they would definitely be coming).

Currently I have been on the phone for ages and passed back and forth to try and get this sorted. Getting very frustrated.

EDIT: So apparently the Virgin website and the person I got put on the phone to when booking the house move lied. Not only is the property not connected to Virgin's cables, it never has been, and nobody down the road is either. The delay is due to them wanting to DIG UP THE **bleep** ROAD. It's a narrow paved road on a nice modern development and I don't want to be the new **bleep** who moves in and gets it dug up and ruined and  disrupts the neighbours just so I've got quicker broadband. I asked to be put through to cancellations, but the lady went ahead and cancelled it herself. Not to sure if we will get a refund for the days from 11/11 to 20/11 where the account is still technically active on our old property to make it easier to port over (according to VM). I don't even know if we will be receiving cancellation confirmation through the post, she ended the call really quickly. I am so frustrated over this, as it means I have to go with one of the other options (definitely not Talk Talk, but Sky and BT Infinity might be able to do it for us).

Win 10 x64 Pro
Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
Intel Core i5-3750K
OCZ Vector 256GB
Bitfenix Prodigy Arctic White
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home - last minute massive delay on installation

Hi beneaton4, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear we're not able to install you at your new property. 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. It can take a while to get the relevant permits and then planning will need to be done to ensure the works are performed as swiftly as possibly. 

I'm sorry to learn you've decided to cancel your services instead of waiting for this to be done however we do understand you need to do what's right for you. 

If you change your mind, you know where we are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos