cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly price clarification

Moonshadow
Tuning in

I tried the 0345 454 1111 number recently as I had a question about an upgrade that didn't seem to go through. Every option barring reporting a fault says "thanks. We've sent you a text. Please click the link for more help. Goodbye". The talk to someone option on the Contact Us page is either this forum, an O2 shop or a chat service. The phone number isn't even mentioned.

I just want to talk to someone who can look at my account and confirm my monthly price, as online is showing the wrong price. Why is it such a hassle to talk to someone now? A forum that could take days? A shop I can't get to because of work? A chat app I have to install and sign up for because I don't already use WhatsApp? Why can't I just call someone and talk to them like I used to?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

5 REPLIES 5

Moonshadow
Tuning in

Update - I tried the option for wanting to leave Virgin Media. I don't actually want to leave (though this messing up of contact options is tempting me now), but I at least got through to someone who was able to help in mere moments.

Meanwhile, the WhatsApp I just signed up for so I could contact Virgin that way is STILL waiting for someone to respond to my initial enquiry, an hour and a half later. So somehow, a chat option that is meant to be more convenient was less useful than calling, even though I deliberately chose a different option to what I wanted to be able to get through to someone.

Who in the heck is making these decisions at Virgin Media?

Hey Moonshadow, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Please can you expand on what has gone on, is the price not reflecting your new upgrade?

When did you do this upgrade, sometimes they can take up to 30 days to kick in.

Please do keep us updated. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

The renewal was in December, to reduce my price from £62 to £50 for 18 months. I've had 2 bills since and still £62 a month.

Thanks for coming back to us Moonshadow, as you reported this on January 10th, is your online account still showing the old price for your package? 

If this is still incorrect, we can look into this via private message from here to see what the issues are.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

It is, yes. My main complaint though is that all contact options send a text to the website, which doesn't fix the issue as there are no options on the website when logged in for "my upgrade did not go through". The "live chat", and I use the term loosely as it's a terrible bot that doesn't understand what you say, just tells me to use WhatsApp to talk to a member of staff.

Why is there no simple option to call someone about an account? I had to follow an option to leave Virgin Media just to get someone on the phone instead of a text message and cut off.