cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost tv channels

Kennyryan
Joining in

We recieved an email saying our contract had expired and to recieve the same package with a discount to renew, which we did. Except it wasn't the same package, we have basically been left with the freeview channels - which to be fair we get on our tv anyway, so why we need to pay almost £80 a month for them I don't know.

The email from virgin was basically a lie, we would have reconsidered renewing had we of known we would lose every tv channel we watch.

On top of this we have spent hours trying to call, and the online chat doesn't work. What kind of customer service is this? 

4 REPLIES 4

BillBudd
Superfast

What channels did you lose?  TNT Sports?

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, TNT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP.

No, we never had tnt, we lost everything that isn't freeview, sky sports news, sky showcase, sky crime etc, all gone

Hi Kennyryan 👋 Welcome to the community! Thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear these concerns about your recent package change! You should have received contract information detailing your package to consent to and return ahead of any change happening. 
We will need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details and offer further support with this! I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM only have 2 current TV tiers, Mixit that's broadly Freeview-equivalent, and top-tier Mega that replaced Maxit - which included TNT Sports.

This suggests you were on one of the (much older) Fun packages that haven't been sold for several years now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks