Menu
stevegilmour
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Link for web chat please

I paid my bill 3 days ago and trying to set up a DD to save £5 per month but when I try to do it it says that I still have an outstanding balance which needs to be paid before I can set up a DD. I've tried calling from my mobile (Vodafone) and I'm fed up holding and using up all my allowance. I cannot seem to find a link for a web chat as in the help and support section just keeps putting me back to the same page...... Not a happy chappy right now! I have always praised Virgin Media but after this I'm having second thoughts!! Can anyone help me?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Link for web chat please

Use the Contact Us link: http://www.virginmedia.com/contact/

You need to pick a main category, then an appropriate sub-category, then Chat online. Note: A) that not all options have a chat online option and that different sub-options/categories have different staffing hours. B), it can be pretty busy, so reloading the page every 2-3 minutes is mandatory sometimes if you really want to get through. C), access with a desktop or laptop device as the page isn't very mobile device friendly (may not see the chat online option when using a mobile device.)

For example, if I wanted assistance regarding a broadband fault:

webchat.png

Option wise you'd go with Account and Billing -> Make a payment -> Chat online.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Link for web chat please

Hi stevegilmour, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've had an issue setting up a direct debit. 

There are occasions when your balance won't update until your next bill is generated. When this happens, it won't allow you to update your payment method via My Virgin Media. 

The good news is that the payment handling charge is only 45p and not £5. 

The team will be able to help you set up the direct debit though so give them a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out