Menu
Emma_Rebecca
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet upgrade

Hi, im currently on the 100mb internet and was wanting to upgrade.

I've checked my account and it says to upgrade to 200mb it will cost me an extra £62.01 a month?! Surely thats a little high? That's more than double my currently bill.

Any reason to why its so high? 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet upgrade

The online upgrade page isn't known for its price accuracy, its like it's trying to factor in an activation charge. Or it could be listing what your bundle price will become by changing the broadband aspect of it (as such changes/removals can lead to bundle price increases due to loss of bundle discount.)

You can always get the correct estimate by calling in about it. That'd be a call to 0345 454 1111 from any phone / 150 from a VM phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 4 -> then either option 1 or option 5.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Addams Family Version-2.jpg
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet upgrade

Hi Emma_Rebecca

Thanks for getting in touch about the online offers via My Virgin Media and a warm welcome to the community forums too Smiley Happy

I can see that you may fall into the remit of one of the below options as a customer and this is why the online page is giving you an incorrect package price for the upgrade.

In this instance if you can contact us to arrange this, my colleagues would be able to clear security with you and provide the right figures for you.

You may have one of the below options preventing the portal from giving an accurate price/offer.

• New customer s still within their initial Sales discount period.
  • Staff packages – No staff can access this portal.
  • Mates Rates customers.
  • 3rd party retail packages- companies that offer direct discounts via our system not applied by us but added to the VM account E.g, Carphone Warehouse, Forces Discounts.
  • Tribe offers- customers working for 3rd party Virgin companies may benefit from a Tribe discount which means the access to the portal is no longer available.
  • Legacy offers- customers on older packages with discounts we no longer provision would not be able to view offers online as removal of these older discounts may amend their discount and remove their legacy discount.
  • Retentions deals. Again using this portal would mean the automated system would try to strip off the retentions discount, as retentions offers are not built into the portal, only front book customer services deals, so we block this access so this doesn’t happen incorrectly.
  • Any existing customer with more than TWO set top boxes.

To contact our teams to look at your upgrade options, you can do so this either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat

To speak to the Webchat teams just choose the option in the column on the left that best matches your needs and tab over to the right through the menu to get to the Chat Online option.

E.g. Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Let us know if you need anything else Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos