Menu
nyletorry
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet speed

Hi

Can someone please help me?

I am a virgin vivid 100 fibre customer but i am only recieving speeds from 2mbps to 15mbps via wifi and even lower when my devise is conected via ethernet cable, the one supplied! my devise is an nvidia sheild tv box and is top off the range with a1gb ethernet port, i have also swiyched the channels the 2.4 ghz and 5ghz to one with no traffic. 

Why is it so slow??? driving me crazy!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speed

Hi nyletorry, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear about your issues with slow speeds! I apologise for any troubles incurred, I will do my best to help get this sorted for you.

I have run some tests from here and I noticed that there's actually 2 issues affecting your connection.  The first is something that will require the attendance of one of our engineers to resolve. I noticed that there's a very high number of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs and I would like to arrange for one of our engineers to attend and investigate things further for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

The second issue affecting your connection is that your area cable seems to be suffering some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this. 

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours. The reference number for this is F003599246 and the review date is currently scheduled for the beginning of February.

One of my colleagues will be in touch with some more information, thanks for you patience with this matter.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos