Menu
heinzp
Joining in
Message 1 of 46
Flag for a moderator

How do I get in touch with webchat?

The title is explanatory.  How do I get in touch with the WebChat that the site advertises?  The link goes back on itself.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get in touch with webchat?

Visit http://contact.virginmedia.com/ then choose your category (broadband for example), which will expand options to the right. Choose one of the options and then you'll see a live chat option to the right. Note that it is not designed with mobile devices in mind so you're best off to access it via a desktop/laptop device if you want to see the live chat option.

The broadband/phone/TV options are available between 9AM to 5PM and the 'Account and Billing' options from 8AM to 8PM.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 46
Flag for a moderator

LOL, Shelke beat me to it

What he said....

</edit>

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 46
Flag for a moderator

...of course, mobile device browsers will allow you to display the desktop version if you know the right buttons to push.

0 Kudos
Xeys
Tuning in
Message 5 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I'm trying to do this but the links go round in a continuous circle, no matter what I seem to click I get taken back to the 'contact us' page. There is no option to chat, I remember there was somewhere once, but I now can't seem to find it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Are you trying this from a mobile device and, if so, have you gone to the desktop version of the page?

Are you doing this when the service is open?

0 Kudos
snuggels
Tuning in
Message 7 of 46
Flag for a moderator

your reply does not take you to web chat ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi snuggels

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your query regarding the Webchat options.

My apologies you have not been able to get to the Webchat tab within the page.  If you follow the steps @Shelke mentioned as per the screenshot below (I chose broadband just to help illustrate the pathway) you should be able to link in with one of our Webchat agents available here

I hope you were able to get your query resolved but if not, is there anything we can help with?

Keep us posted.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Ioreck
Just joined
Message 9 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I seem to be having a similar problem, when you click "chat online" it just brings up a list of the opening times. Well it's after 9am now so the chat should be available, but continuing to click on "chat online" does nothing:

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Mygon
Tuning in
Message 10 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I have followed all the advice given on this page, but there is never a Live Web Chat option: I am either taken round in circles or the form that pops up only offers Ask the Community. I have a computer virus/malware that I urgently need advice on dealing with, and it is impossible to contact anyone at Virgin about it (I have hearing problems that make me unable to telephone). Is there anyone on here from Virgin who can connect me to a webchat adviser urgently. Thank you.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos