Menu
jameskanag
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Help needed: 6 months delay in Broadband

Hi all,

I'm new to this message board. I was just wondering what advice anyone could give me with the following situation. I signed a contract for 200MB Broadband on 3rd October 2016, with installation arranged at the latest possible date (18th October 2016). It's now 8th February 2017, and I don't have broadband. Worse the construction department rang me with 24 hours before my installation today to cancel, and say there have been "further issues identified" saying that it could be a further 6-8 weeks until instillation. That would constitute a delay of 169 days for my installation, if they installed on the 5th April 2016.

I think this delay is abusive and excessive, and feel a bit powerless about what to do. I intend on sending a compliant via CISAS (the Communication & Internet Adjucation Scheme) to compensate me for the expensive dongle I have been using instead of having wifi. However, it's the 8 cancellations, 32 phone calls that have upset me. It's not really the behaviour of a proper company. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Best,

James

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help needed: 6 months delay in Broadband

Good evening James

I understand that given what you have said that this experience has been highly frustrating for you and my apologies that this issue is currently not yet resolved with our teams.

I appreciate you taking the time to join us on the community and welcome to the forums.

I can see that since you have posted about this to us our complaints team have picked this up for you and have sent correspondence to you on the 10th of Feb. This can take up to 7-10 days for delivery.

You can either wait to receive this letter from the teams or you can find out the specifics of this either via 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can elaborate further on this for you in a secure setting.

Please keep in touch with us if you need any further support with this and we will do our best to help out.

Kindest regards

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos