Menu
HoxPox
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Equipment Kit Returned

Hello, 

I have a problem. I recently moved away and had to end my contract with Virgin. After discussing this with Virgin in online chat I was told that a box will come to my address with which I could return all the equipment that they had sent me(router/cables/etc.). I did not receive that box in time, so I left it with a friend and had him bring it in to a virgin store in the same box the items originally come with. When he brought the box in, he was told that everything was ok and that was it. Now I have been receiving emails from Virgin that I have not returned the box and they added to my bills a charge of 40 pounds for the equipment. I know for sure that the box has been delivered to a Virgin store and they took it. I tried to chat online with them about this regard, but it seems that the service never works. If anyone can guide me to solve this matter I will be really grateful. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Equipment Kit Returned

Does your friend have any receipts from the store saying they returned the equipment, that would be the first port of call in my head.

Elsewise I would wait for VM to pick up the topic or call cancellations on option 1 - 4 - 5 as they are the UK non script reading team and deal with more complicated queries (not just cancellations).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there HoxPox,

Many thanks for posting and sorry to hear about the bother experienced. :/

I've located your account and I can see that the team are still chasing the return of this equipment.

As mentioned by Shafreya, do you happen to have any receipts from the store for us to forward on to the relevant team?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
HoxPox
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nat_J,

Unfortunately my friend did not receive any receipt as she did not take the equipment to the drop off location. She took it to the Virgin Media Hub in Camden and was told that they would handle the return for her and send it to the proper location. That's all the information she was given. I can provide the date and roughly the time that she went there, if that helps in any way. 

Please tell me if there is anything else and can help with. 

Regards, 

Horia.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Horia, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies that you are still having to deal with this. 

We don't usually accept returns via our stores so it's strange that the store didn't advise her of this. 

The Time and Date she handed in the equipment would be great. I can forward this to the team so we can try and track the equipment Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
HoxPox
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F,

She dropped off the equipment on June 27th at around 1pm. 

Hope this helps! 

Regards,

Horia

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Horia

Looking at this the charge has been refunded for you and I'm chasing this with the teams to find out if they can check in with the warehouse teams as the equipment is still showing as connected.

I'll pop back when they get back in touch with me about this

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Horia

The teams have come back to me to confirm the equipment has been removed from the account.

Thanks for allowing me the time to support you with this.

Kindest regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos