Menu
jdsmithit
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Default appearing on my credit score

I have a £18 default on my credit score for account I closed recently, I have not cancelled the Direct debit so i would assume that virgin could just take money owed. It has totally trashed my credit score. Anyone come across this before?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Default appearing on my credit score

Hi jdsmithit, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear you had a misunderstanding resulting in a default being registered on your credit report Smiley Sad 

When you decide to leave us, as part of the disconnection, we do let you know what will happen next. This includes when you will receive a final bill, what to do with your equipment and how to pay any final balances. 

Once an account is disconnected, we're no longer able to collect payments via Direct Debit so you're responsible for making payment via a credit or debit card. As you haven't done this, the default has been registered. 

Speak to the Credit amendments team on 0345 454 1111. Once the balance is paid, they can then adjust the Default for you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out