Menu
Sarahvajadavis
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Death of account holder

Hi,
My mum recently passed away and the account is in her name only. The direct debit is coming out of my dad's account as it was previously a joint account. My dad would like to keep the contract my mum took out rather than take out a new contract. Can we have the account transferred into my dads name?
Thanks
Sarah
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Death of account holder

Hi Sarah.

My condolences on behalf of the company on the recent loss of your Mum. I appreciate you taking the time to join us on the community to look into this at this difficult time, and a warm welcome to the forums.

To transfer the account to your Dads name if you can either contact us via phone on 150 if your Mum has a landline with us or 0345 454 1111 via any other line and speak to our Care teams.

They will then transfer you to our Bereavement Team whose opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm. If you are contacting us outside of the Bereavement Team opening hours, we'll take some information from you in order to arrange a call back within 2 working days.

If you are calling to transfer the account on behalf of your Dad then if you could please do so while he is in your company so he can confirm this is what he wishes and we can set up a new security word on his new account with him.

Taking over the account will mean he is then in a new 12 month agreement with us but providing the package agreement your Mum had with us isn't a very old legacy option, then the offering she has should be able to be transferred to your Dad's new account. The teams will of course look into this for you and discuss this when you speak to them.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can support you with and we will do our best to help out.

Kind regards.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos