cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract renewal issues

Biggleslounge
Joining in

Another problem with a long time Virgin customer

Like a lot of people the deliberate difficulties created near the contract renewal date are pushing me into cancelling. I have had emails about renewal deals which never have a working link, nor can any changes be made via website or app in terms of package renewals or available deals. And no it's nothing to do with browser settings, phone settings etc. it's the ever so convenient "oops something went wrong" 

Also had emails saying "your contact has ended" even though I should still have 2 months left as it was an 18 month contract. How can this be allowed? I am willing to phone to discuss but I know exactly what will happen - bounced around from one person to another wasting hours, to get nowhere. Genuinely am thinking of cancelling any renewal to go over to Sky just for the principle of Virgin's tactics and dishonesty. 

I've read many similar issues, and how people seemingly make a successful renewal, only to then find Virgin have increased the cost shortly after and bury charges elsewhere.

What can be done to make renewal easier? 

3 REPLIES 3

Jomodu
Superfast

My 18- month contract runs out in September but today had a similar email saying my contract was ending soon and if you renew now until 31 March 2025 will be offered an exclusive price. It took ages to find out what the offer was - an increase of £20/month over existing monthly fee plus £18 for TNT Sport which is already included in my current contract ( I am a rugby fan). 

I still have 5 months to go of my existing contract ! 

Having been a customer since 1998 (26 years) I too am considering options for when haggling times comes in September.  By then a new smart tv with Freely (Freeview’s soon to be released new zooming app) looks attractive. Or just broadband plus Zoom streaming box. 

I hate renewal time although in recent years have been lucky to talk to sensible, helpful people. But I don’t think I trust any VM person regarding contract renewal agreements at present. 

The answer to your last question is no, I fear

Biggleslounge
Joining in

It's so frustrating, all I would like to do is simply look at renewal deals but it is made impossible by Virgin meaning you either forget about it/give up and let it lapse onto an expensive rolling contract, or have to phone them and try to achieve the impossible. At the moment I simply can't see any form of renewal deal in any way ("Oops, something went wrong"), whether it is on an app or website, or on a phone/tablet/laptop, and I don't want to waste hours trying to talk on the phone going through the whole script/security questions etc and just going round in circles. It seems like such a common problem as well that it just feels like a deliberate renewal tactic

Hey @Biggleslounge,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

With the email that you have received, we have had a sync of emails go out recently with renewal offers a bit far in advance and with links which don't produce anything, this was an error in our system processing these out too early, with your contact you will still get your usual end of contract notification which will have some great deals for you to look at.

Joe