Menu
devmanrj
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Closed Account Payments

Hi There,

I am at my wits end, I have closed my Virgin Media account for cable and everything seemed fine. I received the final bill email to say that if you pay by direct debit, which I do, then it will be paid as normal.

However I was checking my credit score and noticed a late payment from Virgin Media. I thought that this was a bit strange so I logged on and it said the bill needed paying so I did so.After a week or so the system is still telling me to pay the bill.

I rang a number of agents and they have all said that my account is in credit and there has never been a late payment! They said the money that I have paid has gone on to be credit on the account. This is really stressing me out as I need to apply for credit soon and Virgin seem to be messing me around, and they don't really know what is going on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closed Account Payments

Hey devmanrj

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the credit file default. I appreciate you taking the time to join us on the forums to support you with this and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

It sounds like this is not related to the account you have called for and might be connected to an alternative account? Have you ever had Virgin Media at another address? Did you ever have a Virgin Mobile account previously?

I appreciate it may be none of those but the late payment fee is connected somewhere to an account and for us to resolve this for you we need to track it down as if it has been checked and rechecked and is not connected to the account you have just closed with us, this would need further investigation by our teams.

In order to raise this with our Credit File teams to investigate if you could send them an email with as much detail as possible, including any previous accounts you may have had with us, and we will do our best to remove this if this has been applied in error.

You can email the teams at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk.

Once you have emailed the teams they process the request for you and should resolve this for you if they can in a maximum of 28 days.

Keep us posted if you need anything else, and we’ll be happy to help out Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos