Menu
rn55
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Chasing for refund for past 12 months

Hi,

I left virgin media in April 2016 due to house move. Unfortunately, the house I moved to is a flat and doesn't have virgin media. It was a 12 month contract which I completed. In the final bill i was charged £240 for early termination which i reported prior to due date and I was told by virgin media customer care that it was done in error and will be refunded in full. Its been 12 months and I am still struggling to get refund. I have called numerous times in past 12 months and each time I was promised that I will get refund by cheque which never arrived. I even logged a complaint in September 2016 and still no refund. Can you please let me know is there anything can be done before logging a formal complaint with "Independent Adjudication" ? 

Thanks,

RN

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Chasing for refund for past 12 months

hiya @rn55 welcome to the virginmedia community fourm, I would be first sending a dead lock letter guide -> http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-of-deadlock-request-before-going-to-the-ombudsm... if you get no joy from this then would be taking it to the last stage.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @rn55 welcome to the virginmedia community fourm, I would be first sending a dead lock letter guide -> http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-of-deadlock-request-before-going-to-the-ombudsm... if you get no joy from this then would be taking it to the last stage.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi rn55

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about the billing dispute with your final bill termination fee charges, and my apologies that this has impacted you, and that it has been going on for so long.

In order to resolve this we would ask that you contact us on one of the below methods so we can relook into this for you.

You can contact us either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat

Further complaints can be raised for you if the original complaint has not resolved this on your behalf.

To speak to the Webchat teams just choose the option in the column on the left that best matches your needs and tab over to the right through the menu to get to the Chat Online option.

E.g.- Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Via these options our teams can clear security with you and support you with billing queries. As the forums are public, supporting you in this way is the best way to keep your data confidential.

Keep us posted on how this goes and let us know if you need anything else.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"