Menu
hailee
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation and Refund

I really had so much trouble with virgin media. 

First, a broadband package I ordered online was lost during the delivery. I spent one week to find out the package was lost. I told the problem to the store and customer service, but they just told me they would check it again and made me waste two more weeks. After several phone calls with really long waiting time, I finally could cancel the package, and bought a new one from the store so that I can get the box right away.

Second, the broadband was not working. I called the customer service again, and they said they could not receive the signal from my house. They redirected me five times and I am really sick of telling my issue, account, and password. I reserved a technician, but I was told that I need to wait at least a week. I could not trust the service of virgin media anymore, and just wanted to cancel the whole package.

Third, I could not cancel the package in the store. They said that the broadband had been already activated and that it makes the cancellation process difficult (it doesn't even work). Once again, I called the customer service, waited, redirected, and explained that I want to cancel the service over and over, until they told me the return packaging would be sent to my house so that I can return my hub.

I won't question the past problems. I just wanted to complain how difficult it is to get the service from virgin media. Customer service and web chat are always busy, and they don't receive email question (as I know of?). It just seems to me that they don't want to hear from customers, so I chose to post my problem on this forum.

The real problem is, the return packaging has not arrived, and I haven't got a refund of £25 deposit over three weeks. I reminded them about the return packaging last week, but still it is not appearing.

It has been over two months since I first ordered the broadband, and I really don't want to be bothered by this anymore. Does anyone know how to solve this out, hopefully without calling to the customer service?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation and Refund

Hi hailee, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely having you here even if the circumstances are less than perfect Smiley Sad 

I am very sorry to hear that your experience has brought you to wanting to make a complaint. There are 3 ways in which you can do this. 

The first, give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. I know sometimes you'd rather not talk to someone and follow a different option however all of our agents are trained to handle complaints and if you aren't happy with the resolution they give it can be referred to a manager right away. It's the quickest way to get whatever is wrong resolved. 

Secondly, you can speak to the team via web chat. If you go to the Contact Us Select the options > Account and Billing > Manage your account online > chat online. The team here will also be able to take your complaint and help resolve things for you.

Third, you can write in to us on the following address:  

FAO Virgin Media Complaints

P O Box 333

Matrix Court

Swansea

SA7 9DZ

This route will very likely leave you frustrated though as it is the longest way to resolve a complaint. 

With regards to refunds on an account, they are processed once the account has been disconnected for 35 days. A cheque is then sent out for you. 

Come back and let us know which option you take and if there is anything else we can do. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos