Menu
DaveJ00100
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Being billed for an account that doesn't exist

Hi

Months ago, we tried to set up a Virgin Media account via Carphone Warehouse, and submitted all the paperwork. After weeks of messing about, it was discovered that it was impossible to set us up with an account, despite having had dozens of letters congratulating us our street having the correct infrastructure.

It was discovered that the cabling had been laid into a street with the same name three miles away, but the engineers mis-registered the addresses, identifying my street, not the one where the work had been done. It seems to be impossible to get Virgin Media to recognise this fact, and update their records, despite it being them who explained it to us. Since then, we've seen Virgin call-out engineers walking around, scratching their heads, presumably trying to hook up other potential customers in the street.

Imagine my surprise at today receiving a letter, with an account number at the top, telling me about an increase in prices.

I have had NO Virgin Media services, EVER, because it's physically impossible to receive them. It is also impossible to talk to a human being at Virgin Media as none of the options offered when I call the freefone number relate to my problem. If I just go for a random route in, I get challenged for an account password, WHICH BY DEFINITION I DON'T HAVE!

How do I get someone - ANYONE - to resolve this situation?

If I don't get someone from Virgin Media contacting me about this, I'll turn to the Ombudsman, and every social media channel I can get my hands on.

Very angry.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being billed for an account that doesn't exist

Hi DaveJ00100,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us in the Community. 

We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos