Menu
Leslee
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

£50 credit missing from contract

I contacted Virgin via chat a few weeks ago to inquire about getting a broadband contract and was offered a 12 month contract with £50 credit as an introductory offer.

The offer was sent to me via email clearly stating the agreed monthly fee and the credit.

I was then supposed to contact Virgin to arrange the setup of the broadband (which supposedly would take around 2 weeks), but before I had a chance to do this a person named Geoff (removed@VirginMedia.co.uk) rang me up and said he could get the broadband set up in 2 days rather than 2 weeks, as the previous tenant had also had Virgin broadband which made it easier to set everything up quicker. 

I informed him of the contract terms I had been offered and he said this would of course be honoured, and I then received the hardware and was up and running as promised within 2 days which was great, but when I went online to sign the e-contract the £50 was nowhere to be found on the contract. 

I contacted Geoff and informed him of this and asked him to correct the error. He requested that I send him the contract terms I had been sent to confirm the credit had been offered, which I did, but now after 2 weeks the credit still has not been added to the contract. 

I contacted him again today to remind him of the issue and his response was: "I have sent your email off that states the credit someone will deal with it".

I wrote back saying I found his response to be extremely unprofessional and asked what the delay was since I provided him with all the necessary details over 2 weeks ago and received this from him:

"Hi Leslee

I told you vie sent it off , the credit comes back to you one month after your installation , you been installed ?

So someone who offered you the credit will be adding this to your account

Anything else please call customer service or the other person who you were speaking to

Kind"

I'm sorry, but what is going on here? I feel like I'm communicating with a shady public office employee in a banana republic and I'm beginning to regret even considering becoming a Virgin media customer.

I refuse to sign the contract until the credit has been added and Geoff is being less than helpful, so could someone please assist with resolving this issue once and for all?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: £50 credit missing from contract

Hi Leslee

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us about the offer and your set up with us.

I'm glad to hear that the set up has taken place but sorry to hear there has been some confusion over the offer you have taken out with us.

I'd like to see what I can do to support you with this.

For me to get the details I need from you could you please reply back to me on the pm that I'm sending to you that you can find in the next to your forum name.

If you could get back in touch with me on this for us to look into this further for you.

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos