Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Darlingdamsel

What is the number of the Telephone Fault Line

My phone is dead and amazingly the self-help under 'contact us' says I should contact Virgin (which was kind of the point of going to the contact us page), but it kindly omits a number.

so ... anyone?

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Darren_E

Re: What is the number of the Telephone Fault Line

Darlingdamsel,

Faults can be contacted free on 151 from any Virgin Landline, 08454541111 from all other networks.

I have checked your line and no fault was found.The following checks may resolve your issue:-

Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly
Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets examples of this could include other phones, fax and answering machines, sky boxes, One Tel boxes
Check another phone directly into the main socket

If the fault is ongoing please advise or call into the centre if you would like to speak to someone regarding this issue.

Cheers

Darren E
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
dcheetham

[ Edited ]

I have followed all intructions with regards to how to check my phone line. It is not working. Have checked two seperate handsets. Please can you let me know if there is a fault on the line? 

The checker to see if there is a fault on your website is not working.

Thansk

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts.
To send a Private Message (PM) please click the letter icon to the top right of your screen.
Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Collette_T

Hello dcheetham,

I have checked this out for you and it looks like you are being affected by this area issue:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Landline/F002599720-Loss-of-Telephone-TV-and-Broadband-Services-...

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

We should have this fixed as soon as possible.

Regards,

Collette

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Huw_B

Hello Dermott, 

I would first of all like to welcome you to the forums, and apologise for the loss of service that you are currently experiencing. 

I was able to locate your account using your forum credentials, and can see that you are currently part of a network fault. The reference of this is F003210700, our engineers are currently working on the fault and hope to have things back up and running as soon as possible. The estimated fix time is set at 4pm today. 

Whilst I appreciate that you may have difficulty calling into the fault centre when your phone line is down, I would like to let you know that should you call us on 0345 454 1111 from a mobile phone then this call will use any inclusive minutes you have on your mobile talk plan, and should you have no inclusive minutes it will be charged at the same rate as calling a regular landline. Virgin Media Mobile customers can call us free of charge by calling 150 from their mobile. 

Another option to get hold of us is to use our Smartcall app,  http://virg.co/smartcall

This handy little app will allow you to make calls which are included in your landline price plan free of charge on a compatible mobile using a WiFi connection. This means you will be able to call us free on 150 when using this app. 

If none of the above options are available to you, then you can always check http://virg.co/service to see if there are any local faults listed, and if there is nothing listed, towards the bottom of the page, you can run a test on your phone line, and this will allow you to book a technician should it find a fault. 

I hope your phone line comes back online soon, should you need anything else, please do not hesitate to ask. 

Thanks again 

Huw 

Huw

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.