Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
604green

How to change landline number

I've contatced customer services by email, but as usual I have not had a reply.  I just want to know if there is any charge for changing my landline number.  I am receiving about 4 phone calls a day from a call centre asking for somebody else, who must have had the same number as me previously.  They obviously don't believe me when I tell them that person doesn't live at my address because they phone back again within a couple of hours.  I don't even bother to answer the phone now.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

Re: How to change landline number

Yes, you can apply to have your number changed if you are receiving nuisance calls, which isn't chargeable. However, as you may have seen by previous posts, Virgin has a high churn rate of numbers due to the smaller amount it has allocated on each area code, so there is no guarantee you won't have the same problem again.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
AWAB

WHO DO YOU CONTACT TO GET A NEW TELEPHONE NUMBER  ; OR MY OLD ONE BACK.?

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Andrew_H

Hi Guys,
If you wish to change your number for a new one please contact our Customer Services team on 151 on any Virgin Media Landline or on 0845 454 1111 between 9am - 12 midnight.

When trying to bring back an old number, if you wish to bring your number across from another company, you need to make sure your phone number is still active and in your name with your previous supplier before transferring across (as otherwise it would be given to another person by BT). If the number has been disconnected, then it would be best to ring the number to confirm whether it exists (if it does ring it could've been given to another customer already). If the number is a deadline sound or doesn't let you ring the number then it's possible that it could be free to be reused.

Thanks

Andrew_H
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.