cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRACKLING PHONE LINE after new Virgin installation

BabsiLee
Joining in

Hi, I have the same problem. Engineer has been out and reset everything and tested it all but when I called a friend nearby who also has Virgin the line was still crackling. 

9 REPLIES 9

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BabsiLee 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you have been having with your phone. Have you tried calling a mobile number or another person to confirm the crackling?

Let us know. 

Sabrina

I have called other neighbours who are not with Virgin. There is some crackling. 

Ok thank you for that, is it possible to try with another handset, or to check the cabling of your phone on the main phone, if you give it a wiggle to see if the crackling stays or goes or gets worse.

Sabrina

The crackling affects person I’m calling not me. Now, since the reset by the technician I sometimes hear a click or two before person at the other end says they can’t hear me or it’s crackling. 

Morning @BabsiLee 

We appreciate it may not be affecting you but if it's affecting everyone you call, are you able to try another handset just to rule that out?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

BabsiLee
Joining in

I have now tested the power booster sent out to me. It has made no difference to the quality of the signal.

Have you been able to try another phone on the line at all @BabsiLee?

I have only one phone but with 3 handsets. I have also heard that the digital roll out in this area has been suspended for the time being. 

Thank you @BabsiLee can I just confirm is this happening across all the handsets?