Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Crafty
goshy

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops XBox feedback

still not fixed 35 pages in previous thread and 11 pages in this one thats 46 pages saying its not working its still laggy as hell

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
thesargeben

[ Edited ]

I've just had to quit multiplayer, lagging way too much and keep getting rubbish scores because i'm dead before i even see it on screen! SORT IT OUT!!! (between 3pm and 4pm today)

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
craigj2k11

@ thesargeben it must be something besides the p2p management affecting you, as the management is only active from 5pm, do a speed test and ping test (www.speedtest.net and www.pingtest.net) and you will probably find that something else is wrong like power levels, or an area oversubscription

I do agree that every time the game even jumps slightly, or lags one bit that you should ring in and complain, the more complaints the better, i also think ringing microsoft is a good idea, because at least you wont get banned for using a lag switch, as I have been accused of many times when i am host, but i dint think microsoft will pile any pressure on virgin, but its worth the try.

At the end of the day its virgins problem, they should know how to configure their own network. They should actually do some proper testing before they tell us its fixed as well. I really think gamers are going to come across more serious issues in the future, i.e. every time a new game is release, it will be months before virgin media users can play online during peak hours, becuase this is how long it will take for them to sort out their traffic management systems. I really hope activision tell virgin what ports MW3 is going to use, so virgin can sort out the traffic management systems in advance, so everyone can play it on release.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
thesargeben

[ Edited ]

Please use plain text.
Boffin
bcfc123

We have the 50mb broadband and was playing a game of  headquarters on call of duty half way thorugh the match and as 5.02pm now i got booted from the game with a message saying my sign in status had changed which meant i was signed out of xbox live for some unknown reason.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
thesargeben

Just rechecked my speed, now half of what it was in my results posted above. Going to try XBOX live now and see what happens!

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
SteveG1

Just played for an hour. just before 5pm until 18:02. Was in the lobby (various lobbys) at the beginning of each game and didn't get host once. 

I didn't get any lag either so that is good, but on a 30MB connection, i usually host 80% of games. 

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
en3carnage

I am really not understanding why after a power level change I am uneffected by the problems you guys are still having.

Here is my info:

For the last month or so i was getting lag on xbox sign in, dashboard messages and gamercards.  Hosting on Black Ops resulted in lag and dropping of all other players and was plagued by a black call of duty loading screen in the lobby, A week ago i noticed my power level changed from 1 to -10 so i contacted these forums.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Fibre-optic-broadband-cable/Power-level-changes/m-p/459497

A engineer was sent to me (thus 28th) to change the power level to normal range, since this time i have had a flawless xbox experience even at peak times.

My speed / ping stats are not much different to others posted here

I am not writing this as a "Ha Sucks To Be You" message, but in hopes someone will know, how or why my connection was sorted out in a seemingly simple manner,  so that others here can be helped too.

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
peachy001

Called Virgin today, got one great guy early on, kudos to him, said they were aware there was an issue and then assured me they would sort something out for me, put me on hold. Lost call somehow. He didn't call back, was gutted. Had a few things to do so left it. Complaints rang me back following a previous email, so I thought I would have a similar conversation, no joy. The tone immediately told me this chap was not gonna give any ground. Said that because my speed test results were fine then the problem was with the Xbox, and they do not support that so not their problem. He also said that I was a heavy user and that I would have possibly exceeded my limit. I had to pull him up and laugh. I am not a heavy user, and I would be certain I have never downloaded enough data to be traffic managed. I could take no more of this twaddle and thought I should give the guys I'd phoned earlier a chance. So I call the other number and my heart sank. Only hours earlier things had seemed great. Now I got hit with another set of it is not US it is the Xbox. I mentioned that YouTube eas also dire at times buffering even small bits. To no avail. Was so frustrating going through the same stuff again.
Please use plain text.
Padawan
endisforever

were do you get all that info from to look at from  your router??

i don have a super hub just a netgear router and modem

Please use plain text.