Menu
samitoro
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

terrible ping, lag and package loss online

lately i have been getting extremely high ping, lag and package loss. Not only that but the wifi keeps on turning on and off without any warning. this has been going for so long and i feel that Virgin media is not giving its customers what they promised and as a result i am extremely dissapointed and Virgin Media should be too.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: terrible ping, lag and package loss online

Hi samitoro, 

Let me start by giving you a warm welcome to our forum community! It's great to see so many new faces helping out around here!

I am sorry to hear about your issues with terrible ping, lag and packet loss, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that your area cable seems to suffer some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak times and the reference number for this is F005067402 and is currently scheduled to be reviewed around the beginning of July.

Thanks for your patience with regards to this matter, I will need to pass this onto another team to take a look at this for you. Before I can do so I will need to clear a few security questions with you. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required, please respond to me there.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos