Menu
Jonja82
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Strict nat type

Always had open nat type on ps4 but last few weeks nat type is strict and effects my gaming, any way to get round this folks please????
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Strict nat type

Hi Jonja82,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you NAT type is now showing as strict whilst it was previously open, I know how frustrating it can be when your gaming experience is affected.  Let me see if I can help.

Firstly, could you try a wired connection in modem mode to see if the NAT type remains strict?  It's also worth looking at port forwarding and considering putting the hub into DMZ if none of that works.  I've run some checks on the hub just to make sure there isn't an issue elsewhere, everything looks good.

Just let me know how you get on, and we'll do what we can to help if problems persist.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
WildWayz
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Strict nat type

I've been plagued with Strict NAT on the PS4 and Xbox One. It seems to be very inconsistent. 

This day and age when game systems use UPnP, there shouldn't be any need for touching ports..

My XB1 and PS4 both are on statically assigned IPs via the devices.

I can only add one device to a DMZ - which gives me Open NAT most of the time, but sometimes it kicks back Strict NAT.

Port forwarding makes zero difference. PC gaming is so much easier.

0 Kudos