Menu
AC92
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

SG12 Latency Spikes

Hi, I'm having problems with latency.

For at least the past month, I have noticed lag spikes on anything I do online, be it playing games on any device or just chatting on skype.  After reading some advice on the forum, I have pinged my router and it seems to happen roughly every 30-60 seconds, where it will read from 6 - 13 ms and then suddenly spike up to 80 - 200 ms, sometimes even as high as 800 ms.

This happens on at the same time on every device I have tried, my laptop, PC and on my phone.  It also doesn't matter if I have the hub in modem or router mode as the spikes still happen with the same frequency.

I have checked my downstream and upstream and they seem to be within the correct limits.

I finally phoned up on 150 about 2 weeks ago and was eventually told that there were problems in my area with the broadband (contrary to what the service status page states) and they should be fixed in 10 days, but if it's not any better by then it will definitely be fixed by 27/08/2016... however there has been no change.  The guy on the phone said it was something to do with over-utilisation of the cable in my area and the reason I was seeing the latency issues etc. is because I'd been switched over to the new cable?  I can't say I know a lot about network cabling but this doesn't make much sense to me...

Anyway, if anyone can shed some light on the situation or anything else I can try, it would be very much appreciated, it's becoming infuriating to chat to my brother and have to repeat myself because I've cut out half way through the conversation, not to mention any sort of split-second competitive game is impossible at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: SG12 Latency Spikes

Hi AC92

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with your broadband connection.

I'd like to help and check your connection for any issues, however I was unable to locate your account. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details. Once you have replied I can look further into this.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos