Menu
callumwing1
Settling in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Ps4 stuck in strict nat

In my house we have 2 ps4 consoles, however when connected to the network, 1 of the consoles (whichever connects first) is given an open nat type and the other is given a strict.. It's hit and miss but either way one of the consoles is getting a strict nat type which is very frustrating when I want to play online with my brother and friends!! I've tried port forwarding, DMZ, factory reset of the consoles and the superhub and still nothing... Any help would be greatly appreciated!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps4 stuck in strict nat

Here is an old Reddit thread discussing using 2 PS4s with a super hub which might help:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2gbtxt/nat_type_2_with_multiple_ps4s/

My PS3 & PS4 work fine through my Netgear router without any port forwarding, although I don't use them both at the same time, so maybe a third party router is the way to go.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos