Menu
TomMartow
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Problems connecting to private matches with friend on Virgin Media

Hello,

Me and my friend have the same router (superhub 2) and are both with Virgin Media. Whenever we try to join a private match, including him and myself we seem to have connection problems where neither of us can connect to each others lobbies.

We are able to connect to public matches where neither of us host the match and play together. Currently we are trying to play Black Ops 3 but cannot join. Is there any setting in the router that we are unaware of as it is not every game that we cannot join together.

Games we have been unsuccessful in creating a private match between us both are:

Far Cry 3

Far Cry 4

Ghost Recon

Watchdogs

Black Ops 3

We used to play with another user who also had Virgin Media and could connect perfectly fine with them, it seems to be directly linked between us. We could get around joining private matches by inviting the other user first and the my friend would join the other users game (who was actually in my game) and connect just fine.

I'm pulling my hair our as I'm tired of buying games I can't play with my mate.

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems connecting to private matches with friend on Virgin Media

Hi TomMartow

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you and your friend are having trying to play private matches. That doesn't sound too good! Thanks for listing what games this is happening on.

What console are you both using?

What Nat type are you both getting? (if one of you is getting a strict nat type you won't be able to join)

Are you already in a party together when you send the invite?

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos