Menu
neville132
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ping spikes in the evening

For the past 3 weeks, I've been getting constant ping spikes in the evenings of most days making it extremely difficult and frustrating to play online competitive games. It'll spike anywhere from 30 to 300. I thought it may be a problem with my PC but I've tried it on my laptop through a different ethernet cable and Wi-Fi but the issue still persists. 

Any suggestions as what to do would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping spikes in the evening

Hi neville132,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the Community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your connection, I appreciate it's frustrating. Checking your connection I've noticed that your downstream power levels are out of range. Let's arrange for an engineer to call around to get this resolved. I'll send you the appointment info via PM (purple envelope, top right).

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello neville132,

Hope you're well Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how it went with the engineer?

Can I help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
neville132
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The engineer replaced the hub with a newer model. He said there was an issue with the power input in the old hub (which is irrelevant to my current problem as it only happens in the evenings). He also said if it doesn't get resolved, it's likely an issue with the 'unpromised' upload speed I'm apparently getting in my package. As expected, I'm still getting the same issues in evenings. 

At the time of this reply, I also ran a speed test and noticed I'm getting 50Mbps rather than the 100Mbps I'm supposed to be getting in my package. Funnily enough, my upload is at 5Mbps, which is what I should be getting yet the issue seems to be with the upload speed. Really not sure what to do in my situation.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi neville132,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Apologies that you're still having connection problems. I've read the notes left from the engineer and I can see that fault: F005315192 is currently on-going in your area. This fault is responsible for peak time speed reductions, which would explain the results you had. What are your off peak speeds like?

Hope you have a great weekend,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
neville132
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Off-peak times are as they should be. In these "peak time reductions", my connection becomes so unstable, playing online multiplayer games which require a decent, stable connection is near impossible because of the constant rubber banding.

You say the fault is on-going, is there a target date for it to be fixed?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon neville132,

Thanks for posting back here.

I've taken a look at the fault ticket (F005315192) and the review date is showing as 25th April 2018. As this is a review date it can be subject to change.

I'm sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos