Menu
BRISTOL86
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Peak time online gaming woes - please help

Hi

I'm having terrible issues with online gaming during peak times (button delay/latency type issues). (After 5pm midweek and all weekend)

I've exhausted all possible lines of enquiry at my end to eliminate any causes of these issues, and over the last few days have tried (as an experiment) playing briefly before leaving for work at 6.30AM.

Everything is perfect during these spells.

This leads me to believe this could be an issue with demand in my area during peak times? Is there some way this can be checked/eliminated as a source of the issue?

It's completely ruining my online experience and I might as well have 2mb ADSL as if anything back when I had that my experience in online gaming was actually better!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Peak time online gaming woes - please help

Hi BRISTOL86,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

I've checked your connection, the line and hub have come back fine. The network segment is running stable and healthy, which is good.

I can see that you are using the Super Hub in modem mode. Are you using your own router for the wireless connection?

Can you complete speed tests at different times of the day please direct to the Super Hub, to see if there is a difference in results?

Also create a Broadband Quality Monitor as this will check the performance of the broadband. If you do set up the BQM make sure that you go into your router settings > Advanced Settings > Ping > and tick Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos