Menu
rustilol
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Packet loss - DCs from WoW

Hi Everyone,

Was hoping for some help or advice. I have had VM Broadband for 3+ years and never any issues until now which is quite frustrating as its stopping me playing the new WoW expansion! There were problems in my area which were resolved 1 week ago, but I am slightly concerned they were not quite fixed.

I have been getting constant disconnects which occur at the same time I have packet loss (pinging google from cmd). This also stops video streaming and webpages don't load for a short time. I have called support who said they can see an issue with my downstream which will be causing the disconnections and will be sending a technician out but I have a strong download of 70MB/S whenever I check so I unsure if this is the issue?

I am also worried that when the technician will come then the connection will be fine as the problem is intermittent, ranging from no issues for hours to problems every minute.

Is there any thing else I can try at home or shall I just wait for the technician?  

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Packet loss - DCs from WoW

Hi rustilol, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that you're having issues with your broadband getting some packet loss, this can be annoying I know so apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested your connection form this side and I noticed that all of your downstream power levels are too low. In order to get this resolved for you I would like to arrange for an engineer to visit and make the necessary adjustments to the connection.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos