Menu
Daytona
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PS4 slow connection

I have recently experienced really slow speeds on my PS4 via my super hub 2, I am connecting via a LAN cable and it takes a ridiculous amount of time to even load my friends list, most of the time I can't connect to play Fifa16 online, I've struggled with call of duty 3 online and downloads take forever. I have tried going wireless with the same problem.

I also seem to have slow connection via wifi on my phone too, I have reset the router but to no avail, it seems there is an issue with my Internet, however when I run a test via the Virgin site it comes back as OK?

Why is this happening and how can it be fixed? I'm paying for a service that is not delivering what it is meant to.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 slow connection

Hi Daytona

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the slow speeds  that you are experiencing when connected on your PS4. Everything looks ok when running a few checks on your connection. Can you try putting the hub into modem mode and let me know if this makes any difference? 

For the slow wireless speeds on your phone can you try changing the wireless channel and see if there is any improvement?  

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 slow connection

I have been in modem mode since I got a SH, now on a SH2AC.
In that time I have had NO problems with a PS3 / PS4 / PSvita and PSN.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos