Menu
Lara40
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

PS4 games lagging

Hi there

My son is experiencing continual lagging on Call of Duty for his PS4 and has done for some time now. I'm not very technical but have read a few threads on this subject and looks as though I might need a new hub/splitter to improve this?

Can anyone help?

Look forward to hearing your advice

Lara 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 games lagging

Hi Lara

A new third party router might improve things, IF it is the VM hub that is causing the lag, but it could be an issue with your line which won't be fixed by buying a new router.

Is the PS4 normally connected to the hub via wireless or an Ethernet cable?  Wireless always has more lag than Ethernet.

Try a test with the hub in modem mode and just the PS4 connected via Ethernet to see if the lag is less.  If the lag is the same then it is an issue with your line or the VM routing to the COD servers and buying a new router would be a waste of money.  If the lag is less in modem mode then a new router could help.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos