Menu
Sir_Razzman
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PS4 COD IW issue

Hi

I have a very odd issue with the new Call of Duty game. Me and my friend who is also a Virgin customer are unable to play in a party with each other, But another friend who is a Sky customer has no problems at all. We can join him and he can join us.

The PS4 is wired to the Super Hub 2 and the NAT type is 2. It has been suggested to me that it should be type 1 for gaming. Is this safe? If so, What's the easiest method of achieving this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 COD IW issue

does this answer some things in nat type out there

NAT Type 1 (Open) – You are either NOT behind a router/firewall OR you have already DMZ enabled. You shouldn’t run into any issues whilst gaming, but this may cause security issues.
NAT Type 2 (Moderate) –Your PS3/PS4 is connected properly and you shouldn’t run into any issues.
NAT Type 3 (Strict) – You may be able to connect to the PSN and perform downloads/updates other functions may not work as intended.

you can try and turn off the routers firewall to make this open i don't know if this works or not

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PS4 COD IW issue

I believe that setting up the hub to put your PS4 in the DMZ can give you NAT type 1.  Never done it myself but I believe it involves assigning the PS4 a static IP and then putting that IP in the DMZ setting of the router.

You would be exposing the PS4 to the Internet without any of the protection a router can provide e.g. firewall. With a console the risk is minimal, as they are fairly locked down, it is not recommended for a PC.

I have managed to play games online for years with Type 2 or Moderate NAT on my PS3 & PS4, connecting to both VM users and non VM users, so I have never seen the need to go for Open NAT.  Granted I do use my own router which probably handles the console traffic better than the VM hubs.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos