Menu
AdamW247
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PC multiplayer gaming lag

Hi,

Now i dont know if this is a problem because of virgin media being my broadband but I like to play star wars battle front (The recent one) on my pc but sometimes experience bad lag/ bad frame rate. Now i dont know if this is the game itself having problems but it cant be my pc as It is a gaming one that i have played many games on with out online lag (GTA as an example) Often when I join a game it lags from the start and a box comes up saying bad connection may effect gameplay and sometimes the lag would stop in the game but then come back? Is it to do with my broadband?  Is it the game? Can I improve this? If you can help, that would be great Smiley Happy

Thanks! Adam

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PC multiplayer gaming lag

Hi AdamW247

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing lag when playing online games.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004406800 and with a review date of 14th September.

With the PC are you connected through a wired or wireless connection?

Are you able to complete ping tests and trace routes for us please?

Do you notice this issue during peak hours or can it be at any time of the day?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Vass
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PC multiplayer gaming lag

Sam, did this get fixed within the indicated date?

Or fixed at all?

Please reply
0 Kudos