Menu
Jamesgritton
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Late night connection speed issues

I work lates, so am mostly using the Internet when I get back home after work, around 00:00-04:00 but during this time 9/10 days my connection is so poor I cannot play most games on my PS4 due to lag and high ping. I check online and it says nothing is wrong with my service, which obviously isn't the case.
Any ideas why this is the case, and what I can do? I pay for Virgin broadband to be able to use it 24hrs of the day, whenever, but for some reason it never works late.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Late night connection speed issues

Are you using a wired Ethernet connection from the PS4 to the VM hub or a wireless connection?

If you go to http://192.168.100.1/ to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here. If you attach screen shots then they will not be visible to most of us until they are approved by a moderator so pasting text is better, don't worry about the formatting.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread in a few days and run checks on your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos