Menu
Peter92
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Large chunks of downtime

Here's the thinkbroadband graph from the previous 24 hours, it's been like this on and off for half a month, ever since it cut out for roughly 36 hours.

b503da4b7fdad5505cba51926ffe36fb-26-02-2017

My dad so far has spent over 2 hours on the phone to them, got told the bill would be reduced accordingly (it didn't, just came through today at full price), and has now just been told by the latest guy they are "working on a problem in the area".

Has this particular problem hit anyone else recently? It seems a bit odd that they aren't providing any extra info, it half sounds a bit like a generic excuse while they hope the problem will fix itself.

One weird part is that if I'm on Discord (a voice chat program), I can hear my friends comment that my net has died again, but I'm unable to reply and it'll disconnect me shortly after. Another is our average phone wifi speedtest will result in 5-8MB, but during the disconnects (if it pops back up for a few minutes), it'll jump up to about 20MB.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Large chunks of downtime

Hi Peter92, 

Thanks for the post, I am sorry to hear about your issues with your broadband connection having large chunks of downtime, I will do my best to help get this sorted for you.

I have tested things from here and I can see that your Hubs logs show a lot of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs, I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) as an engineer will be required to resolve this for you, the PM will outline what's required in order to get this all sorted for you.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks,

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos