Menu
Jimnyboz
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Lag and drops in various games during off peak/peak ping and speed fine but still lag

After transferring to the 100mg internet package i have not been able to reliably play any of the games i normally play(World of Tanks, Magic the gathering online, Hearthstone &Armored Warfare). As i get consistent lag and being disconnected from servers. This happens at both peak and off peak with the same regularity. Mostly the ping is fine but occasionally spikes over 300, have run multiple speed tests and the upload and download speeds are usable and yet i still cannot reliably play. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag and drops in various games during off peak/peak ping and speed fine but still lag

Hello Jimnyboz

Welcome to our forum, really sorry you are having problems with lag we will take a look at your connection.

There seems to be a couple of issues.

We have a problem in the area with high peak time traffic. We are aware ref F004073966 and planning to undertake some broadband upgrades to support the increased demand for our services. When completed, any slow speeds or lag you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times such as evenings and weekends) will be resolved.
We are looking to carry out the work as soon as possible, in the meantime please hang on for a few days and one of the forum team will be in contact to discuss this further.

Also I notice that the hub transmit power level is too high Upstream 0 52.0 dBmV. I am unable to say for definite it will cause you problems but probably best to let an engineer take a look to bring in back in spec. I will send you a private forum message (envelope top right) to arrange an appointment.

You did mention some off peak problems as well, are you using wired or wireless by the way?

Thank you
Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos