Menu
TheGodlyDave
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Inconsistent but frequent lag spikes. ON ALL SYSTEMS

As many other teenagers I spend a good amount of my spare time playing various games. I don't know whether it's my specific virgin media or just virgin media hating games. But every game I play there are terrible lag spikes that can happen 3 seconds apart or 50 seconds. Now here is a list of games that has experienced this and I just can't play. Super Smash Bros. (Wii U), Call of Duty Ghosts (Xbox 360), League of Legends(PC), Counter Strike GO(PC), Payday 2(PC). Even my Skype has become unbearable to use as I can't hold a conversation that cuts out for 10-20 seconds every minute or even more frequently. All other posts related are reasonably isolated so I really hope it's just my router. Things I have tried so far: Resetting my router A LOT, changing DNS server preferences and calling a very unhelpful service desk operator that provided no solutions whatsoever.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inconsistent but frequent lag spikes. ON ALL SYSTEMS

Hi TheGodlyDave,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting ping spikes.

I've checked your connection and everything looks fine from here. Your power levels, SNR and area contention all look healthy. There was a slight drop on the SNR about 24 hours ago but this has been stable before and since. 

How are you connecting all your devices to the hub? If wireless could you try them wired?

It would also help if you could try one device with the hub in modem mode

Let us know how you get on. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos