Menu
ibrahim51511
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED...

Hello Virgin Media, I will try to keep calm here...

I got offered an 'upgrade' to a new modem, both of them have 50Mbs, but the newer one have less upload speed. The person I spoke too told me it will be faster and have the same specifications.

But when I set up my new modem, and run a speed test I get and average of 1.9mbs upload and the older one had 3 which makes a big difference as I can't stream my games anymore.

But there is another big problem. When I play online game such as League of Legends and CSGO with an ethernet cable I experience Jitter lag which shows a high ping of 60+ and it feels like im getting disconnected. I have tried everything to fix it. I tried to restart my mode, change ethernet cable, change channel and all other stuff...but nothing works, I would like this problem to be fixed or at least tell me what the problem is. We are only using 1 laptop, 1 phone on the wireless connnection and 1 ethernet. The wireless is fine but the ethernet connection is rubish which makes no sense.....

Respons here ot to my email please: ***************@hotmail.com

Thanks.......

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal and private information. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts on the forum. To send a Private Message (PM) please click the letter icon to the top right of your screen. You can review the Forum Guidelines on this here. Thanks]

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED...

Hi ibrahim51511

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the upload speed issues and high ping times that you are experiencing. I can imagine that this must be frustrating when playing online. I've run a few checks on your connection and I can see some issues with the modem SNR. I'd like to arrange an engineer visit to have a look into this so I will send you a PM to get this organised.

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos