Menu
Reply
  • 125
  • 2
  • 30
Spitfire16
Up to speed
4,144 Views
Message 991 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause

I reply from a VM Rep would be welcoming Smiley Wink

Highlighted
  • 509
  • 9
  • 134
Guybrush85
Fibre optic
4,119 Views
Message 992 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause


Spitfire16 wrote:

I reply from a VM Rep would be welcoming Smiley Wink


I've been banging that drum for a while now to no avail. I think honestly until they have a compiled and internally tested patch, they are keeping quiet on the official line front. As and when (or if) there is some news, then I'm sure the staff will be 'allowed' by management to discuss this more openly. I have seen some of the forum team referencing this thread now, so that's a good start and I can imagine the feeling of being unable to help sucks!

--------------------------------------------------------
Look behind you, a three-headed monkey
  • 4.98K
  • 148
  • 1.7K
Community Lead
Community Lead
3,896 Views
Message 993 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause

Hi all

We have been working closely with our Hub 3.0 supplier and Intel, and can now confirm we expect field trials of firmware with the required changes to begin shortly. These trials will need to take place before any wider rollout.

We apologise for the time it's taking to get this bug resolved.

James


New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide


  • 1.13K
  • 4
  • 26
appleaday
Superfast
3,889 Views
Message 994 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause

Hi James,

 

thanks for for letting us know, can all existing trialists wth virginmedia including myself expect to be included in the testing of this new firmware? It would be good to be involved 

 

 

 

 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 509
  • 9
  • 134
Guybrush85
Fibre optic
3,884 Views
Message 995 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause


James_W wrote:

Hi all

We have been working closely with our Hub 3.0 supplier and Intel, and can now confirm we expect field trials of firmware with the required changes to begin shortly. These trials will need to take place before any wider rollout.

We apologise for the time it's taking to get this bug resolved.

James


Thanks for the update. This is certainly a step in the right direction.

--------------------------------------------------------
Look behind you, a three-headed monkey
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 14
  • 0
  • 14
mobculture
On our wavelength
3,865 Views
Message 996 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause

Great news, and good to hear VM acknowledging the issue. Several customer service agents have flat out denied the issue to me, and blamed my devices for the problems. Very galling, and had left me feeling powerless to resolve the issue.

How can one become a trialist, as I certainly would like to become one?
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 509
  • 9
  • 134
Guybrush85
Fibre optic
3,856 Views
Message 997 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause


mobculture wrote:
Great news, and good to hear VM acknowledging the issue. Several customer service agents have flat out denied the issue to me, and blamed my devices for the problems. Very galling, and had left me feeling powerless to resolve the issue.

How can one become a trialist, as I certainly would like to become one?

Only a staff member can say for certain in this instance, but usually they periodically do a sign up process and pick people from out of that depending on your answers. They have created sign ups specifically for a specific device/firmware in the past, so they might do that.

--------------------------------------------------------
Look behind you, a three-headed monkey
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 171
  • 2
  • 34
wotusaw
Superfast
3,834 Views
Message 998 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 35
  • 0
  • 8
rio_w
On our wavelength
3,821 Views
Message 999 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause

Does this mean I can cancel this contract now that you have admitted to there being a problem with the Hub3. If I had known there was a problem beforehand with the hardware I would not have signed up. 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 509
  • 9
  • 134
Guybrush85
Fibre optic
3,813 Views
Message 1000 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause


rio_w wrote:

Does this mean I can cancel this contract now that you have admitted to there being a problem with the Hub3. If I had known there was a problem beforehand with the hardware I would not have signed up. 


At least from my reading of the T&C's, I wouldn't think it qualifies as the only reasons specified are 'permanent loss of services' or change in contact/pricing. That said, you are best calling the thinking of leaving us team and discussing this with them as they have discretion based on individual circumstances, but honestly I can't see them allowing it personally.

 

--------------------------------------------------------
Look behind you, a three-headed monkey