Menu
Razumaki
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How To Improve PS4 Download Speeds?

Hello,
I'm on a 50mb broadband package with Virgin Media based in the UK, London. My connections speeds on average are about 48mb+ download and 3-4mb+ upload at most times of the days including peak hours (which is good).
However, when I connect via. LAN connection to my PS4 (at anytime - even non-peak time hours), I get about 17-25mb download+ which is about half or less of what I am supposed to get. But, when I use LAN on my desktop I get excellent speeds.

Are there any ways of improving my connection speeds or ways to get the most from my broadband for my PS4 just like my desktop does? I have already tried changing my DNS settings and MTU settings with the OpenDNS and Google DNS.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How To Improve PS4 Download Speeds?

Hi Razumaki,

The speed test on the PlayStation is a bit unreliable and may not give accurate speeds. I know the xbox speed test routes via the US so the speeds are understandably slower. I'm not sure why the PS test is slower but it has been well documented.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos