Menu
rawalan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

High ping, then service drops.

Hi, was looking to increase my connection speed but need a problem resolved before I do that. My son will be playing his PS4 online (rocket league),  via a wired ethernet connection and all of a sudden the ping rate will go really high over 900ms and the service drops. Is there anyway this can be resolved before I pay extra for more bandwidth. 

Account no. *********

Area code. 20

Many Thanks

PS I've ran an automatic test and my hardware tested OK.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping, then service drops.

Hi rawalan

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing high ping times and disconnections. 

Looking at your connection, there are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable with no errors.

Are you able to post the ping test results please for us to check?

Does this only happen when playing Rocket League?

Do any other devices notice the disconnections or does the game just lose connection?

You can also set up a Broadband Quality Monitor as this will show any latency/packet loss with your connection.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos