Menu
cl1br
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

24/7 ping spikes

As title, spikes all day every day, not particularly enjoyable. Appreciate any help from anybody who can look into it.

bqm.png

Channels.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 24/7 ping spikes

Hello cl1br

Welcome to the forum, sorry about the spikes I wonder what is going on, we will take a look.

Looking at the line and modem stats, the ones you have posted and the ones I have just retrieved all look good.

The area historical data looks good also. Traffic is low and area streams SNR and error count remain very good.

I have been pinging your public IP for a while and it appears good at the moment with an average return time of 16mS

Host                                                                                                  Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev

cpc89488-nott20-2-0-custxxx.12-2.cable.virginm.net               0.5%   1405   13.0  16.0   9.4  67.6   8.0

Has it improved for you? Does it just happen when you are using high bandwidth on the connection?  It is possible to traceroute to your IP from BQM by the way, sometimes it may reveal where the delay is, sometimes not but it may be worth a try when the graph is bad.

Please keep us posted.

many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos