Menu
Crookerr
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

200mb fibre with constant disconnections

For the past few weeks, atleast twice a week my Internet seems to drop off while using either my ps4 or xbox one.

This in turn kicks every device offline that was connected to wifi.

I try changing the channel, doing a reset and just leaving the router unplugged for a few minutes.

This is getting really frustrating as it stops any online gaming etc.

I've also contacted virgin who have told me that everything is okay and it shouldn't be happening but it does continue to happen.
When this does happen my average speeds drop excessively. Approx 30mb/s with a high ping of around 172 ms.

Could it be my router? Or possibly the signal getting to my router.

Thanks for any help
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb fibre with constant disconnections

Hi Crookerr

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you're experiencing intermittent broadband connection. I can imagine how frustrating this is for you especially while in a middle of a game.

I would like to check your connection for any issues, however I was unable to locate your account. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can look into this for you.

In the meantime do you know if the wired connection also disconnects or is it just wireless based? Can you post information from the Super Hub please as this will help us further. To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have downstream, upstream and network log. You can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos