cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not getting my virgin media email account (3 of them) messages for several months

AiredaleLexie
Tuning in

My MacBook says it cannot check the validity of email passwords  and this means `i can get into the correct webpage to see the Virgin Email accounts I hold but they do not get sent to my mail app.

I do not know what the correct email passwords are as computer says it cannot check and i cannot remember the passwords as this was a long time ago that i set the various accounts up.

Can i get any help  to confirm the correct passwords required for my accounts ......removed , removed and removed

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AiredaleLexie wrote:

Can i get any help  to confirm the correct passwords required for my accounts ......removed , removed and removed

No-one at Virgin Media is able to see your passwords so they will not be able to confirm them.

However, all may not be lost:

"`i can get into the correct webpage to see the Virgin Email accounts I hold to see the Virgin Email accounts "

The way I'm reading that it would seem that you can access your email accounts via the VM website. To do that you need to supply the password as well as the email address.

So, if you don't know the passwords that suggests they must be saved in your browser and the browser is prefilling the passwords for each account in the sign in page when you log in the accounts on the VM website.

If so. you just need to find and copy the relevant passwords that are held by your browser.

You can see here how to find the saved passwords in Chrome, Opera and Firefox https://www.technipages.com/view-saved-passwords-chrome-opera-edge-firefox/ and if you are using Safari you can see how to do it here https://nordpass.com/blog/view-edit-delete-saved-passwords-safari/ 

Look for the passwords with your VM email addresses as the usernames that are held for the virgin website. Then copy and paste them into your email app.

That's worth a try anyway.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @AiredaleLexie 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced these issues regarding the email, have you been able to try the steps recommended by coenoby? 

How are things looking now?