Menu
TotalLocker
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

mx5.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net rejected your message

Hi

We are experiencing difficulty responding to customer enquiries due to messages sent to @ntlworld.com addresses being rejected

Explanation provided by reject report is as follows:

"mx5.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net gave this error:
eaD61t0092FveqG01aD7z4 Spam content found"

Any advice or assistance in regards to this matter would be appreciated as we are not getting issues from other mail servers, there is no explanation as to what is being referred to as "spam content" and our business relies on being able to contact our customers

As our customer initiated the email conversation to which our reply was rejected as spam it causes us great concern as the response was clearly solicited

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: mx5.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net rejected your message

When the Forum staff get to this thread in a few days time they will advise you to look at this post and check all the steps it refers to: Spam content found

There are also steps that your customers can take to ensure they receive your emails. The default spam setting is to reject all.  This can be changed - see this post: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ravenstar-s-Email-FAQ-s/m-p/3026118#M129705

TotalLocker
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Graham,

I had intitally found the link to post from the "'Spam Content Found' error message" topic

I have checked through and even though this issue is not relating to bulk emails I still checked to ensure our emails follow the formatting standards named in the stated article (which I found very hard to understand)

In regards to asking our customers, we can ask them to change their spam filters however, we believe that ensuring the refinement of server spam filters is a more productive way as it resolves the issue we are having at the source and it can be very time consuming convincing people to change their spam filter.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi TotalLocker, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with emails being bounced back from ntlworld email addresses. Apologies also for the delay in getting back to you here. 

Could you please confirm if the following is enabled and if it isn't why this is the case.

• Uses a consistent IP address to send bulk mail.
  • Has a valid reverse DNS record for the IP address(es) from which you send mail, pointing to your domain.
  • Uses the same address in the 'From:' header on every bulk mail you send
  • Has a valid SPF record
  • Signs with DKIM or Domain Keys

I will also need a recent header from one of the bounced emails. Pop it all across to me via PM (purple Envelope, top right hand corner) and we'll be happy to take a further look for you.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos