cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email address not recognised

Latedev
Tuning in

I got a message through to say that I should create a new login for virgin media.

Fair enough but then it asks me to give an email address which is not  my current email address, which imho is completely bizarre, given I don't have multiple email addresses to give out.

So my next step was to get another email address from another provider to create an email for virgin media. Absolutely crazy.

I did this then set a password, carefully making a copied note of the info and storing it in my password manager.

I then logged into my account and could see my emails.

So a while later, given my emails are forwarded to an email package, on my PC, being away from home, I needed to go on line to access my email on line. I enter the email address and password and get the message that email or password is wrong.

So at this stage I decide to change the password, now I get that email is unknown. No matter, I then try my original email @ntlworld.com and that is uknown as well.

I should never be amazed when companies change things that aren't broken then succeed in breaking it all.

I still get my email through to my PC, but I can no longer access anything on line.

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Latedev Virgin Media are now requiring a third party email address to be set as the username for My Virgin Media accounts and Virgin Media Mail webmail access.

So once you have done this you need to use the third party email address as the username when logging in to webmail at https://mail.virginmedia.com/ or via the My Virgin Media account for the email address concerned.

The worry is that you state that you received a message telling you to make this change.  That is odd as VM don't send out such emails.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Graham_A wrote:

The worry is that you state that you received a message telling you to make this change.  That is odd as VM don't send out such emails.  

Maybe I came on line to check the email and was faced with the message to enter yet another email address. No matter, given I would never follow a link, unless it was in reply to something I had sent and I certainly never use links with tracking information included in the address.

@Graham_A wrote:

@Latedev Virgin Media are now requiring a third party email address to be set as the username for My Virgin Media accounts and Virgin Media Mail webmail access.

So once you have done this you need to use the third party email address as the username when logging in to webmail at https://mail.virginmedia.com/ or via the My Virgin Media account for the email address  

As I said, I have already done this and made a note of all the details in my password manager and I still cannot get into my on line account.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Latedev,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear of your email and login related issues. I can see that one of my colleagues responded to you about this recently on another thread you made on this matter, but it looks like they didn't receive a response. We'd recommend keeping to one thread when raising your issue to avoid multiple posts, repeated information, and other potential confusion which could delay a resolution for you.

To clarify, you're having no issues receiving emails via a third party mail client/app like Outlook, but you're not able to access the account via the webmail platform on our website, is that correct?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Latedev
Tuning in

Actually I replied on someone else's thread, not wanting to create a new thread, however since I got no reply, I created a new thread.

No Matter all sorted after phoning the help desk, which is what I was trying to avoid doing, given it takes up an operators time.